Home » Assignments » Yourself as Reader and Writer

Archives

Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International

Except where otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International license.

Yourself as Reader and Writer

Since I was a child, I have been interested in universal history, and specifically World War II. Reading about the Jewish holocaust is very interesting and very sad at the same time. The genocide executed by Adolfo Hitler and the German people created the International Criminal Court to prevent future wars. So, I also like to read topics related to migration laws and their international significance.

Something I don’t like to read is the poems. I consider poetry boring, and it is very subjective and interpretive for each reader. I have bad memories of reading poems because I could never understand anything they said. Poets use a very complicated language, and I need a dictionary by my side to understand it.

I am straightforward about writing. Very precise and concise. I like to describe things clearly and without any double interpretation. In high school, I hardly wrote. I learned to write in college when I got my first degree in law. As a professional, you learn to write and present bright ideas. You become a more objective person by transmitting your thoughts in writing way. I have written topics related to legal themes of interest in my home country, Dominican Republic.

I consider that reading and writing is an art because you can express how you feel and think. It is an ability to transmit your emotions to others and that they can understand you. I want to learn in this class to improve my way of writing in English and to be able to express my ideas professionally.